Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My fridge /freezer kenmore 795.78309.804 just died. Suspect

Customer Question

my fridge /freezer kenmore 795.78309.804 just died . Suspect fuse on board part number ebr 41531305 has blown as described by Barry G 's expert help line .Can you suggest best way to get it repaired
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 6 or 7 years old model no is 795.78309.804
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I took the cover off and it is maybe beyond me ( so my wife says)so expect I need a professional to do the job .Part is available on line , just checked that .
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: my zip code is 19711 .Any recommendation for professional in that area
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So you are definitely on the right track.

If you're sure the refrigerator has power, either you your main control board on the back of the refrigerator has failed, or the fuse on the board could have gone bad and you can test the fuses on the board with a multimeter if you have one. If the fuse is bad, you'd have to desolder and solder in a new fuse unfortunately or replace the entire control board. Below is a link to the board for your model number. You'll notice there are 2 boards listed because there is a serial break. They look completely different so be sure to just order the one that looks like the board you have on your refrigerator.

CLICK HERE for control board

If one of your fuses is bad and you don't want to replace the entire control board, then you'll need to order a solderable fuse with the same rating as listed on the end cap of your old fuse that is bad with no continuity on the board. Below is a link to where you can order such a fuse, it's part number 318-8

CLICK HERE for fuse

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?