Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Jennaire JJW3430WS00. The display board is erratic.

Customer Question

I have a Jennaire JJW3430WS00. The display board is erratic. In selecting the bake option, you have to touch "Bake" multiple times. Sometimes, you have to touch Cancel and start over. In the middle of baking, the display board starts to display all the options as if a person using a computer has hit the enter key too many times. The board is out of control.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So this issue can be caused by either a bad touchpad or a bad display board. First, try to just flip the circuit breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset and start to function properly. If not, then you need to replace the faulty part. To know whether the touch control panel or the display board is your issue, just listen when you touch "Bake" multiple times. If you need to press Bake multiple times because it's not responding properly but it beeps each time you press Bake, then you need a new display board. If it won't beep which is why you need to press it multiple times, then that means your touch control panel is bad because it's not recognizing that you're pushing the button.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?