Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My side by side h20 ice dispenser has small black chips in

Customer Question

my side by side h20 ice dispenser has small black chips in the ice cubes what could it be causing this
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 29 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

the coating of the ice maker mold is starting peel off and its sticking on the ice, the ice maker will have to be replaced, this is a very common issue when the ice makers get some age on them. If you give me the full model number of the unit I will give the part number for a replacement ice maker. In the meantime please read below, thanks.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.