Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Customer Question

lt;My wife has a Maytag dish washer. She noticed the soap dispenser was not fully emptying, dishes not too clean. After reading some of the fix suggestion, such as checking the arm holes, epecially the ones at the end of the arm. Haven't tested it as yet but will do so. Question: Is it wise to run the sink water until the water is hot. Would this be wise?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Dish washer about five or six years old. Model No.amdb7809AWQ2.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: iF IT IS SIMPLE AND ETC. I have a service agreement, valid. But I thought if it involved cleaning of sorts, I might do it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That seems to be all I have at this time,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

If the question for me is only should you run your sink water hot first before starting the dishwasher, then the answer is yes. However that will not help the other problem you are having, yes checking the spray arms for blockage is the first step, but most likely it is either not enough water getting in or a blocked food grinder causing this problem. If I can be of more assitance please let me know..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 5 months ago.

Can I be of anymore assistance to you on this problem?