Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag Bravo washer problem: I choose to do a normal load,

Customer Question

Maytag Bravo washer problem: I choose to do a normal load, hit starts, goes into sensing and does it's spin period during sensing, after about 3 minutes it begins to fill with water and stays in sensing mode while spinning every 10 seconds as if still sensing. Water continues to fill until the washer is all the way full with water regardless of what load size I choose it fills all the way up. Once full the washer clicks, stops sensing(and doing the sensing spins), the cycle time goes from about 44 to 10, and then begins to drain. Once draining is complete the washer clicks and acts as if it's done but the light above "wash" is illuminated. What could the problem be? I've already recalibrated the washer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 and 1/2 years old. Maytag MVWX700XL2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes our warranty has expired
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: In the past we have already replaced the acuator and capacitor and when it was under warranty the technician replaced the control board with what they said was a later model updated board
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You need to replace this part here is the video and the part number W10006355

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sir, I just viewed your response after fixing the washer. The "certified" technician who replaced the control board did not plug the water level sensor hose into the back of the new board, causing the washer to not know how much water to fill. Ran it through a whole cycle after that little hose got connected and it's working flawlessly...

I was not aware anyone worked on it nor what they did glad you got it resolved.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I listed in my description to you that a technician had replaced the control board when it was still under warranty and that we have already had the actuator and capciator replaced.