Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Do you have to secure the tub on a front load washer to move

Customer Question

do you have to secure the tub on a front load washer to move it?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: mah5500bww; neptune about 10 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was told that there are bolts to secure the tub
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 26 days ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Do you have any reason to tip it more than 45 degrees to move it to where it is going?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No, it's going into a moving van for a 1500 mile move.
Expert:  Chas replied 26 days ago.

Hello from our service,

Then there is no reason to secure it, When originally shipped there were special shipping bots that came with it, however they are no longer available, so just make sure that it is not tipped more than 45 degrees tomove it and you should be fine..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to call.
Expert:  Chas replied 26 days ago.

Your welcome... All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 26 days ago.

Is there anything else I can do for you today?