Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Whirlpool Duet Dryer, that when you depress the

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Duet Dryer, that when you depress the start button nothing happens but all the lights are lit up
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model #YWED9400SW2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Normally when that happens it is either a burned out high limit thermostat on the blower housing or a relay issue on the control board. Here is a link to the thermal fuse replacement, you can test that part for continuity. If it is open then replace it. If it is not then you have and issue with the Control board relay.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if it was that would it stop the drum from turing

Yes it would. Also a broken belt could be the issue too