Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My mom has a frigidaire size by side...I replaced the water

Customer Question

My mom has a frigidaire size by side...I replaced the water filter and now no water will come out of the dispenser in the door
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 2 years old...I wil look up the model number hold on
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes... It is something very simple. It did this last time I changed the filter and I old myself I would remember what frigidaire told me to do but of course I don't remember and I called them yesterday and they said the warranty is out and thye would have to send a tech at our expense...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Ok. Model number is ***** SerIal number is *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Put the old water filter back in and see if water comes out. If it does then there is an issue with the new filter. If it does not you may have an issue with the filter head on the unit. Let me know what happens.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!