Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My 4 year old Whirlpool washer is getting F9 E1 code error

Customer Question

My 4 year old Whirlpool washer is getting F9 E1 code error -- I cleaned drain pipe [at machine] from machine and worked for awhile but it is back again
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 27 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If you are getting that code check the pump filter and if it is clear replace the pump on the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
thanks -- let me know if you need the model number -- i was wondering if blocked at bottom of machine but do not want to take apart

Yes you would need to take it apart to get to the pump filter on the washer if you have the model number let me know.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
cleaned pipe just at elbow of coming to machine -- not deep inside
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
how best to do that? seems like knowing what to take apart is best
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
you can see pump struggling to get water out -- locked right now

Do you have the model number?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
hard -- cannot open door :-(hoping to get it to drain so i can get for you

OK yes you need to drain it then the door should open, you can suck the water out through the drain hose with a shop vac.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
oktrying one more time to drain on 12 min cycle

OK sounds good

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
ok openModel WFW9351YL00
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
type 832-a

Ok great here is a video of how to change and get to the pump...you need to get to it and remove the LARGE HAND CAP to pull out the filter on that pump to check it before removing the whole pump that may just be all clogged up. Note have some towels as there will be some water when unscrewing the cap and pulling it out.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
thx -- will the pump be ok or will it need to be changed?

If the filter is not clogged then yes replace the pump

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
where is best place to get a pump quickly?

Amazon or a local supplier.

Part #W10130913

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
ok -- i pulled off the outlet pipe and it seemed to pop a bit -- i wonder if this will fix it temporality ?is it likely always to need to be replaced?

It may temporarily fix it but it may need to be replaced likely on that unit.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
the part number you gave looks like the right part but it looks like an opposite configuration?

It is the right part 100% it may look different in the picture but that is the correct part for sure. That pump fails a lot

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
ok -- just ordered part -- hope it lasts until then!

Great! It should!

If you need anything else get back to me and please use the Star rating link to credit me before leaving thanks!

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
how do i get back if needed once i get pump?'

After a rating you will get a direct link back to me emailed to you

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
hi -- replaced the pump finally now i get error code E9 F2 -- what does that mean?