Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

How do I replace the drain hose on a Maytag MAV3855AWW

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 month ago.

Using nut driver or screwdriver, remove metal panel from lower left side of back of washer to expose the pump. This is where the drain hose attaches to the washer. Use pliers to move the clamp off of the drain hose, then ease the hose off of the pump by wiggling it back and forth while pulling gently. Be careful to keep drain hose opening pointed upward until you can point it to a bucket, as there's likely to be quite a bit of water in it. Detach drain hose on other end as well (wiggling / pulling works well here; no clamp is used, so no pliers are required). Install new hose by reversing above steps.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.