Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Lower ice machine not working. Tried to" reset" using the

Customer Question

Lower ice machine not working. Tried to " reset" using the burrow but nothing happened. No sound.
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung French door twin cooling plus. About 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 27 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Put your finger in the ice maker and see if there is any ice in it that has not dumped yet if so and the reset button does nothing and it does not dump the ice then the ice maker unit will need to be replaced, however if there is no water in the unit then the water inlet valve needs to be replaced. Let me know which is the case and give me the model number of the unit and I will be glad to give you the replacement part numbers you will need so that you can get the part ordered, in the meantime please read below, thanks.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.