Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My kenmore elite top load washer has error code IE, 1.5

Customer Question

my kenmore elite top load washer has error code IE
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1.5 YEARS OLD let me check the model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes 31423 i have unplugged and cleaned the inlet filters
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That error is a water fill error, either the washer is not filling at all or its filling to slow and the computer is shutting the unit down in error. If inlet screens are cleaned and you are sure your water supply to the unit is ok then check the drain hose and make sure its not shoved too far down the drain, that could cause the water to siphon out as its filling. If all that is ok then the water inlet valve on the unit needs to be replaced. If you need the replacement part number for the water inlet I will be glad to get it for you, but you will need to give me the full model number of the washer that is listed on the serial tag located on the washer frame under the lid, thanks. In the meantime please read below, thanks.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?