John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have GE oven..model P 968S P1SS..S/N VS4 00252Q. After a

Customer Question

we have GE oven..model P 968S P1SS..S/N VS4 00252Q. After a power outage, the oven controls screen remains unlit. How to fix?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: oven age estimate...12-15 years....model P968S P1SS glass cooking surface
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes....I think I did it before with proper keying of control panel .but can't locate owners manual and don't remember.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If I can't fix it I will have to cook Thanksgiving dinner over a camp fire
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your range. Please give me a moment to review your model.

I tried to to look up that model number but it did not come up. Can you recheck it? It should be by the left leg of the range.