Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Is there a unit, regardless of manufacture, that could "line

Customer Question

Is there a unit, regardless of manufacture, that could "line up" and replace a Jenn-Air wall mounted countertop vent unit (JXT80336ADS)?
Thx
Gary
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello Gary and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Here is a similar model that should fit in its place and comes in two different colors. May I ask why you are replacing it? Is it no longer working?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Profile-30-in-Under-the-Cabinet-Convertible-Range-Hood-in-Stainless-Steel-PVX7300SJSS/207189298

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Obviously found the link!
I was told that this model is no longer being manufactured, and other than filters and a couple other basics, parts are no longer available. This unit is 10 years old and I've been told the wiring and switch relays are shot. I'd like some similar in size, etc., for easier replacement.
Gary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i need a unit that ties into already in place square exhaust duct. Are you familiar with the design of the Jenn-Air?