John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a maytag front load washer with the optimal

Customer Question

I have a maytag front load washer with the optimal dispensing cartridge. I have had to refill this after only doing laundry once a week within the past two weeks. is it just a matter of rinsing this out? I don't use different detergents. also noticed that the seam on one side is not as tight as other areas. Are these prone to cracking after a while?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible, yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 30 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your unit? Are you saying you only put detergent in once a week?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Model number is ***** this cartridge allows me to fill it up and it dispenses the detergent automatically so I don't have to refill this each time I do a load. a full cartridge will typically last me a couple of months of doing laundry, which I only do once a week and maybe 3 loads each week.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 29 days ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

when your doing the wash do the clothes seem to be overly soaped? or do you see the washer full of suds in the wash cycle.

And could you remove the top of the washer to be able to look down inside the unit to see if you can see if the detergent is leaking out of the dispenser and inside the mechanical compartment of the washer?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I did a load yesterday after rinsing out the dispenser and the load didn't appear to be overly soaped nor did I see any excessive suds as it was running. the level if detergent in the dispenser was down but not more than what I would have expected. I'll have to try taking the top off to ensure nothing is going into the mechanical compartment.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 28 days ago.

ok no problem let me know what if anything you do find.