John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Maytag Neptune stackable mle2000ayw, the dryer

Customer Question

We have a Maytag Neptune stackable mle2000ayw, the dryer runs... but no heat. We have tested continuity of the fuses and thermostats both on the heating element assembly and exhaust duct and they all have continuity. The continuity of the heating element was checked as well and is confirmed (but not @ 10-30 ohms like repair videos suggest)... no shorts or other anomalies.
I must be overlooking something because these are all the elements that seem critical to this issue.
What am I missing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Have you measured voltage to the dryer? Are you getting 240 VAC between the red and black wires at the cord?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
voltage confirmed... 120 on each pole
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

But do you get 240 VAC between them, testing between the two outside terminals, red and black?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
yeah... it may be quicker to talk... but I just want answers... and you have to spend more time if you don't talk to me... but I'm just being upsold... and you are not answering my questions
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You have been an incompetent waste of my time... you're earning yourself some serious low rating
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You don't even get one star for this response