Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

We have a Cookop Model #JGP636BED1BB and having a problem

Customer Question

We have a Cookop Model #JGP636BED1BB and having a problem with the Igniters. It started with one igniter continually operating. Could not turn it off. I unplugged the electricity and left it for a few hours. I then turned the power back on and, now there is only one working, but the same one ignites no matter which burner you try to ignite.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, I need to know what to do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category

I see no one has picked up your question !!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

From what your saying it sounds as if the ignitor switches on the burner valve have failed.

These switches come as a complete assembly for all burners .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Spark-Ignition-Switch-And-Harness/WB18T10344/1085810?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank You I resolved the issue by turning the power off over night. Everything works fine.

Ok Great !had some one recently spilled something on or around the burner knobs?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Problem is solved. No need for call

I did not send the call prompt that was the site Just Answer.

had some one recently spilled something on or around the burner knobs?