John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a built in Kenmore oven 911.40499890, and it's saying

Customer Question

hi! I have a built in Kenmore oven 911.40499890, and it's saying "door locked" even though it's not. We can't use the oven! There's no "unlock" button. What do I do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the model # is 911.40499890 It's at least 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well, gosh, I'm hoping there's a simple fix I can do so I can use my oven this weekend. I did shut off the circuit breaker hoping the oven would reboot itself didn't work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, we didn't not push the self clean button or anything else that would have triggered the "door lock" - but we sure can't make it go away ok - thansk
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The issue is with the door switch circuit. Turn the breaker off for a few minutes. Any change when turned back on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did turn the breaker off for about 30 seconds, and that didn't make any difference.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

It has to be off longer to allow a full discharge for the control to reset.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok - I'm at work now and can't try it until tonight. Can I get back onto this without incurring an additional charge (I didn't realize there was going to be one in the first place - just the $5)