Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GNE26SDGSS refrigerator (about 2 years old) and the

Customer Question

I have a GNE26SDGSS refrigerator (about 2 years old) and the refrigerator compartment is warm about 59 degrees and the freezer compartment is 0 degrees and appears to be working fine. Can you please advise?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It is a GE model GNE26SDGSS about 2 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Possible if it is a matter of just pulling out and replacing a part. Hands on the cooling system, no.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The Ice maker operation is sometimes problematic. The freezer is working fine.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The fan on the top rear of freezer is not running. There is no ice present in that area.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Is the fan in the refrigerator section running? If you fell the rear panel inside the refrigerator at the bottom, is it cold?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I don't hear the refrig fan and the lower rear panel is cool, not cold. I had pulled of the rear panel earlier and the was some frost on the refrig coil but no collected water, etc
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like a sealed system issue to me. I don't think this will be one you will be able to repair on your own.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks! I will contact my local ge service center. Who much will your advise cost?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The cost of this is whatever you chose at the onset before posting the question, we cannot see the account information, only the question.

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks again!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Absolutely my pleasure, thank you! Have a great weekend!