John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a kenmore wine cooler model # 461.99610 and it has

Customer Question

I have a kenmore wine cooler model # 461.99610 and it has stopped cooling. The date manufactured is 2010-05 so it isn't considered old as coolers go so it should be something simple, right? Have there been problems with this make and model #
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the model number is ***** and the date stamped on the appliance is 2010-05
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: possibly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: all i know is that it isnt working. the light comes on and the thermostat is displayed but no cooling
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

when you say (stopped cooling) can you be more specific ,,like do you in fact hear the Compressor running in the rear of the unit?

Is the Fan running at all?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?