John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kitchen Aid refrigerator. Model KSR525RSMK03 It has

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen Aid refrigerator. Model KSR525RSMK03 It has been turned off for 6 months. I turned it on a week ago and it cools but the freezer will not keep ice cream frozen. And will not make ice. I have no instruction book to tell what the controls mean Please HELP
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model KSRS(or5) 25RSMK03. Approximately 8 years old. We have had it worked on twice. It is in a house which was built approximately 8 years ago and was never lived in due to the death of the owner. When it was worked on in August 2015 we purchased a service plan###-##-####which expired this August. However the refr. was turned off from April 1 to Oct 28 this year.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what work is needed. Surely it is not broken again. That will make 3 times since we purchased this house and began the first use of the refr. in March 2014
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The Off/On button does not light up to indicate if it is Off or On. How should Maxcool and Optimice be set. The refrigerator is running and cool.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Can you give me the exact temps you are seeing in the freezer and the fridge section of the unit please?