Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

I have a miele dishwasher and that will not drain. I have

Customer Question

I have a miele dishwasher and that will not drain. I have already removed the non return valve to make sure the pump is free and can move. I found nothing blocking it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i guess around 10-15 years where would i find model. it came with instruction manual saying for G643 and and G843
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have been unable to disconnect the tube connecting to the garbage disposal but it is huge and cannot imagine what could get in
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 month ago.

Look inside the door for the model number. Sometimes the one on the manual isnt the same.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is G843
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to try to fix my G843 miele. It is not draining. I have already removed the non return valve to make sure the pump is free and can move. I found nothing blocking it. This past time, when I removed that valve, some water returned from the drain into the sink. I can not seem to remove the tube leading to the dishwasher.

Do you have a garbage disposal the drain is hooked to underneath the sink?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have now removed the tube connecting the drain to the garbage disposal and it is clear.

If every hose is clear then either the drain pump or control board are faulty.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do determine whether it is the drain pump or the control board? where is the control board?

The control board is inside the door. You will just have to replace the pump and if the problem continues replace the control board. If you order from Sears or Repair Clinic they have a 365 day return.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have cleared the tubes of the dishwasher, and the pump works. It drains but at the end of the cycle, there is always 4 inches or so of water on the bottom. When I turn the unit on or off or I push the drain button, it pumps it all out. Is this the control panel?

SO is the unit still not draining?