John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Ge radiant cooktop model jp960 down draft exhaust fan system

Customer Question

ge radiant cooktop model jp960 down draft exhaust fan system
The switch to raise the filter no longer works correctly. The motor runs continueously and the filter does not rise up above the counter top. It must be unplugged to stop the motor. Can't find any information on the GE or other sites about the exhaust fan system assembly that would have been used with model JP960 (other numbers possibly are WA1WW). Purchase date would have been in 1998.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having this trouble. I am not certain of which switch you are referring to

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/image-title-found-parts-for-ge-jp960wa1ww.html

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The switch located inside the bottom cabinet that raises the filter/exhaust system out of the bottom cabinet - through the counter top to stand behind the cooktop and suck out hot air from cooking.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

I believe I know of the part you are referring to and it has been discontinued and I am unable to locate a new one so I will open this up to other experts to see if they can locate this part for you.