Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

GE Profile Buit in Oven just startedf flashing F7. Oven was

Customer Question

GE Profile Buit in Oven just startedf flashing F7. Oven was not in use at the time.What does F7 mean? I have cleared it, turned the power off for at last 1 minute and turned back on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model is 164D429P020, about 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If not too complicated
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What does F7 indicate and what is needed to fix it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is a keypad error.You either have a bad key panel or control board. If you disconnect the key panel from the clock and the error comes back replace the clock, if not replace the key panel.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!