Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The new dryer is taking twice as to dry clothing now and the

Customer Question

The new dryer is taking twice as long to dry clothing now and the lint filter has very little lint all in the bottom left corner.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Crosley approx.purchased 3 mo. ago and installed by the store. I don't know the model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably not
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I first got it installed it was summer and all the clothing was thin,cotton knit, etc. I didn't have the problem until about a month ago when I began washing heavier clothing and some blankets.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Check the airflow out of the unit with the vent off and if it is good and strong put the vent back on and go outside and see if it is the same. This typically is a vent issue causing that problem.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!