Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Maytag Microwave MMV4203dw00, about 5 years old,

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Microwave MMV4203dw00, about 5 years old, and I get the error code SE or 5E. Is it fixable or would it be better to replace and get a new microwave. Concerned of the cost to repair, versus getting a new one.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 6 years old and the model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, probably going to get a person that works on may tag microwaves.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, just wondering if it is worth fixing coastwise or buying a new one.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 month ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

This is caused by a shorted keypad, you would need to replace it, the cost is about $145, being 5 years old I think I would just replace it, however if you like I can source you a place to purchase this item.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 1 month ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, is there anything else you need on this problem?