Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Samsung fridge has started to make a woofing sound. And

Customer Question

My Samsung fridge has started to make a woofing sound. And has quit producing ice.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 maybe 4 years old. Model #rd4287hars
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything at the moment
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 29 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is everything cooling properly?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
The noise is coming from the ice maker.

Replace the icemaker on the unit, most of them fail making all sorts of noises. You can unplug it in the mean time until you get a new one, but I would replace it. I have seen a lot of them do that.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Unplug the ice maker or the fridge?

The ice maker

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
How much does a new ice maker run, ballpark

About 100 dollars

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 28 days ago.

No problem