Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Gtun275em0ww Model number Top light staying solid 2nd light

Customer Question

gtun275em0ww Model numberTop light staying solid green
2nd light flashing green
Lock lid light flashing redGE combo laundry system
Just replaced transmission 3 days ago,
Customer did 3 loads then this starting happening.
I'm assuming it's the lid lock or control board that needs to be replaced.
Any idea???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thx
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No calls.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is a lid switch failure code, I would replace the lid switch assembly on the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The customer states that machine was locking and unlocking continuously for a while before it finally stopped. Does this help your diagnosis a lil more?

Yes either the lid lock is defective or the board is not seeing the lid locking and keeps trying it. I see a lot of boards go bad for that issue, but it is cheaper trying a lid lock first for it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you're not very sure??

You would have to test it on the unit. If it is locking and unlocking the board is not seeing it locked. So the lid lock switch inside could be bad not showing the board it is closed or the baord could be bad if the switch is actually closing in the latch sending the closed signal

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Problem is it's not doing anything now. It's always hit or miss with this.

I would change out the latch on it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Fair enough thx!

No problem