Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

All of my food is thawed in my F Gallery freezer. the power

Customer Question

All of my food is thawed in my F Gallery freezer. the power light is on and the green freezer light is on, but the temp light is blinking red.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: no, should I do that?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not really
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything. I threw all of the food in the trash----$$$$
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

There are a few things you need to check on before I can say for sure what the problem is, check the few thing listed below and let me know what you find, thanks. If this is chest freezer then disregard everything below, and just check and see if the compressor is running on the unit, if so there is nothing that can be done to repair it.

1. See if fan in freezer is running.

2. Look at the bottom of the back freezer wall and see if there is any ice built up on the wall.

3. Check the compressor and see if its running.

4. I will need the model number, open the freezer door and look on the side wall at the top and you should see a tag that has the model number and the serial number listed, I will need the model number on that tag, thanks.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?