Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Kenmore/Whirlpool dryer is in excellent condition, but

Customer Question

My Kenmore/Whirlpool dryer is in excellent condition, but the electronic control panel needs to be replaced. Board #3978922. Where can i find this part?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is approximately 14 years old. King size capacity Kenmore Elite. I have the original paperwork, but three numbers are listed:
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not necessarily. Although Sears parts department says it is an owner fix part.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just tell me how I will not need to replace entire dryer for one part
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 3 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

The only thing you can do is have the old board rebuilt, Core Centrics is the only company that I know that is doing this. If you click on the blue link below it will take you to it, it cost $140 to rebuild this board.

Click here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 3 months ago.

I noticed that this question is still open, is there anything else I can help you with on this problem you are having?