John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

How can I convert a conventional Maytag wall oven to a

Customer Question

How can I convert a conventional Maytag wall oven to a convection oven..I bought it a couple yrs ago and it cooks uneven back of oven burns foods while the front does not cook thru..when looking at the inside there is space for a convection fan but none was put in..the lady at Lowe's said it was convection but never realized it till it was already installed. Can I buy a fan and put one in?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: ok CWE4800ACS14.... i WILL LOOK UP THE DATE OF PURCHASE
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 3/2013...and no..I would like to have someone do the work if possible I am 65 yrs old with a disabled husband who requires my full attention..something like this would require no interruptions
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If it can be done??? I am so tired of baking cakes and pies and breads and having disasters
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The oven cannot be converted to a convection style. A convection oven uses a small element at the back that is situated around a fan that circulates air throughout the oven. To add a fan, element, new control system, etc would easily exceed the cost of a new oven, even if you could modify the cabinet. How long have you had the oven you haev now?