AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

I just replaced the lock switch on a maytag washer. Getting

Customer Question

Hi I just replaced the lock switch on a maytag washer. Getting a DU code. That means the control board cant tell if the door is unlocked. Its like it still thinks the old broken one is in there. Is there a way to factory reset the control panel?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MVWB300WQO (or D)
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no I replaced the part and can hear it trying to lock. So the signal is getting to the lock but the signal back in not is my guess. Brand new part
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 3 months ago.

If you replaced the door lock and still getting this message then the control board will need to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.