Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Maytag washer model # MAV6000AWW. It fills normally

Customer Question

I have a Maytag washer model # MAV6000AWW. It fills normally to begin with but during the wash cycle, it adds more water and eventually overflows. It's not the timer or pressure switch causing the problem. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The model number reads MAV6000AWW. I don't recall how old it is but I'm thinking about 15 years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything. Worked great up to about a week ago when it started overflowing. Sometimes it overflows and sometimes it doesn't. I've got it running now and it looks like it's going to make it OK ... set on medium water level and on whites. First time when it looked like it was going to overflow again, I had it set on colors with a large water level.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If the pressure switch is good and the pressure tube is not cracked or split the only thing that could be causing that is a bad fill valve. There is nothing else. The pressure switch cuts power to the valve so if that is working the valve is sticking.

CLICK HERE VALVE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!