Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

WRS965CIAM00 worked fine over the last three years. Suddenly

Customer Question

WRS965CIAM00 worked fine over the last three years. Suddenly stopped cooling properly
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just over the last 18 hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yup if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the fridge makes noise to cool it down, just like we open the fridge door the cooling system activated. but it only lasts 2 seconds and turned off. I changed temp setup etc but not different.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: it affects on freezer and fridge. Whirlpool WRS965CIAM00
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is the compressor running on the unit?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's trying but lasts three seconds and turned off.

OK then either the compressor is bad or the compressor relay is bad. 99% chance the relay is bad. Here is a link to it and I would replace that and it should work again,

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!