Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My maytag dishwasher will turn on, and all the buttons work

Customer Question

my maytag dishwasher will turn on, and all the buttons work except for the start button...the buttons are on the top....and I have made sure that it is latching good
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like the user interface board may be the problem. What is the model number of your dishwasher so I can pull up the part for your unit?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I'm going to need more than just I think the boards out before I pay you $40 for this i'm going to need more than just I think the boards out before I pay you $40 for this answer
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 29 days ago.

I was not saying that it was certainly your board but the thing is if the unit is locking like it should (which you said) its latching so I assume that means the lid lock is initiating? If the lock is locking and everything is working besides the start button then that means the control board is the problem.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 28 days ago.

I wanted to check in with you to see how everything was going? I wanted to see if you needed any further assistance.