Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am unable to start my dishwasher. I've tried holding down

Customer Question

I am unable to start my dishwasher. I've tried holding down for 3 sec the 4 Hour delay button but nothing responds. The lights for Pro Dry and Sani Rinse are on
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: KitchenAid
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Work? I have no one here which is why I'm communicating with you
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: You mentioned have I run a diagnostic test. I'm the owner not a technician
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do any of the other buttons light up?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you there

Yes I am here, you need a new touchpad to fix this machine. You can try to shut power off to the unit for a full minute and then turn it back on. If it does not resolve the issue you need to replace the touchpad.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.