Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ihave a Maytag Model MES5752BAB15 the Display says CAL the

Customer Question

Ihave a Maytag Model MES5752BAB15 the Display says CAL the button wont beep when pressed and the oven won't turn on... I'm wondering if it is the clock assembly or the Temp sensor? any insite?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its model MES5752BAB15 not too old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not brand new either
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I plan on doing it myself
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Normally when that happens the main clock control is bad. If you unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in and it still does that replace the clock control on the unit.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
did I mention that the fan behind the display is constantly on?

Yes that happens you will need the control but try to reset it first by powering it off for a full minute and power it back on.