John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I just bought a house with an older AEG double oven and

Customer Question

I just bought a house with an older AEG double oven and suspect the convection oven may need calibrating. It takes longer to cook than I would think a convection oven should. Can you find anyone to work on older AEG ovens in Georgia?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have the manuel and it is a Model BH88 DG and has a date written on it of Oct 1980
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know if I can, but I've learned to do a lot more that I thought I could on other things?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am in Athens, GA USA
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Matthew replied 1 month ago.

In order to troubleshoot or calibrate your oven you will need an oven safe thermometer. Let your oven come to a temperature you commonly cook at and compare your setting to the thermometer. Let me know what your results are and we can go from there. Thanks!