Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a whirlpool duet sport washer that will not go in

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet sport washer that will not go in wash cycle. The door clicks when you hit the start button but the door locked light does not come on. Just sits there. I have replaced the door lock assembly and the ccu board and nothing has changed. Do I have to do something to reset the control board? Model WFW8300sw01
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years WFW8300sw01
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: duet sport
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

There is nothing you need to do for the board besides install the board plug the unit in and on the first power up it loads everything on the first boot. So if its not working there is something else wrong with the unit.

Using the tech data sheet I have provided below, put the unit into diagnostic mode and see what error is being reported.

If there are no error codes being reported do the following tests on page 8

pump motor resistance test

motor resistance test and the tachometer resistance test and let me know what you find:

click here to open/download tech data sheet

In the meantime please read below, thanks.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.