Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Model ED2VHEXVOO1 side by side Refrig - replaced filter,

Customer Question

Model ED2VHEXVOO1 side by side Refrig - replaced filter, green light came on - ice maker not making ice cubes as before.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

It probably just got air in the line when you changed the filter, check the ice maker and see if there is any ice that has not dumped yet and if not using a turkey baster fill the ice maker mold with water and once it cycles that ice it should be fine, if it does not let me know and if there is ice in the ice maker that has not dumped out already let me know, thanks.

In the meantime please read below, thanks.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I filled the tray, & the water froze but did not dump the cubes - the water dispenser is not working either - I was late replacing the filter & so the ice maker stopped working - how to get it going again?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't had a call from the tec rep nor any corres since the initial contact. I'll rate you when I get more info.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

NOTE : I`m not the original expert that first posted on your question!!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

So your saying the you have in fact added water to the ice maker mold, it has not cycled to dump that ice it made.

And the and that when you call for chilled water you do not get chilled water either, correct?

And if the chilled water is not working does the ice dispenser motor work if you did have ice in the ice storage container?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?