Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have the same GE Profile Spacemaker 2.0 which is older but

Customer Question

I have the same GE Profile Spacemaker 2.0 which is older but never used (I removed it from a cabinet showroom display). When we plug it in the key pad does not respond to touch. The screen that lights up is the "set Clock" screen. The interior and night lights work as well as the fan.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model Number: JVM2070SK02Serial Number: FL 901803B

kill the power to the unit and clean the contacts of the ribbon cable with a pencil eraser, and reinsert the cable restore power to the unit and see if that fixes the issue, if not the keypad/board will need to be replaced on the unit:

Microwave Control Panel

Part #: WB07X10972 - click here

If you just purchased the unit it should be under warranty and they should service it for free. If the unit were in demo mode or child lockout the keys would respond to touch you would be able to set the clock and go through them menu if in demo mode, it was say locked on the display panel if the child lock function was on. So something is wrong with either the ribbon cable connection or the board or both.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.