Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Whirlpool GX900QPPS5 compactor will not shut off when

Customer Question

Whirlpool GX900QPPS5 compactor will not shut off when returning to the up position, The switch is compressing completely and I'm hearing 2 clicks when I press the switch manually. Is there a board or something this switch is feeding that is not shutting off the motor?
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 30 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If your hearing two clicks and when the ram comes to full up position it is not stopping ,then you have a bad directional switch . and it will need to be replaced , just because it clicks does not mean the contact is not welded closed.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Directional-Switch/WP777811/714888?rcaid=1000070

And No this unit does not have an electronic control board it is all mechanical switches.

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 28 days ago.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time
Please remember to rate me!

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 24 days ago.

I see you STILL have not rated me as of yet!