Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Frigidaire fgfl87dcf gas range tripping circuit

Customer Question

frigidaire fgfl87dcf gas range tripping circuit
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Does it trip as soon as you reset the breaker or does it only do it when you try and start the range?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After it heats past 430°

what temps are you setting the range on, I guess is what I am asking is it going over the set temperature or do you have it set on a high temp?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I set it for 430 and above it will trip intermittently

I would change your breaker out and see if that fixes the issue, it seems the breaker is tripping after some time of amp draw, most likely it is a weak breaker and not the range. If the range were causing the issue it would trip immediately or on the first cycle of the range.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.