Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My lg refrigerator is making a loud noise, sounds like the

Customer Question

my lg refrigerator is making a loud noise, sounds like the fan,
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: is about 10 years, the model is LSC26905SW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I replaced the mother board , on top about 6 years ago.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the noise is coming from the freezer compartment then ya its going to be the evaporator fan and it most likely needs to be replaced, now if take the panel out and look at the fan and its making noise because its hitting ice build up then the unit has a defrost problem that needs to be repaired, other than that the fan motor needs to be replaced. The fan is listed below:

Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motor

Part #: 4681JB1029A - click here

here is quick video that will give you an idea of how to replace the fan - click here for video

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the noise is when is cooling and it turns off when the cycle is done or when I open the refrigerator or the freezer door and starts again when I close it.

yep that is the fan for sure

please take the time to rate the answer before you leave today, thanks.