Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Our refrigerator will not work it beeps and sounds like it

Customer Question

our refrigerator will not work it beeps and sounds like it wants to but then quits and beeps again, over and over non stop
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: its a maytag model number MFT2673BEW11 maybe three years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what I got to do we don't really have a repair man very close
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really, tell me how to fix it
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 30 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Download the tech data sheet below and follow the instructions and put the unit is service mode then do service test 1-4 and let me know what the tests return, thanks. If you cant get into service mode let me know, thanks.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
its flashing E0 but the only way I can get it to work I have to leave the door open if I close the door I get nothing with the control panel

ok unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and plug it back in and see if you still get the E0 showing in display, if so unplug the unit again and check the wall plug and make sure its getting the proper voltage, 110/115 volts, if so the main power board on the unit will need to be replaced.

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: WPW10589838 - click here

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No, the control board did the trick, thank you pretty easy fix.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 17 days ago.

Ok glad you got it fixed.