John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a nailer/stapler model ank 20. I have the air

Customer Question

I have a nailer/stapler model ank 20. I have the air pressure high enough to activate them but it will not staple or nail.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I haven't used them i quite some time. I tried to use them tonight but can't get the nails or Staples to exit the tool.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I did now what?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just tell me how to get the nailer and or stapler to nail and or staple.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Remove the cap (top where the air exhausts after each shot) off the head of the nailer. After removing all nails from the magazine, take a wooden dowel or end of a hammer and push the driver down to the bottom of the nailer. Does it move? If it does not, you have either:

•A stuck nail or staple which has jammed against the driver. Solution: Take an object similar in shape to the driver and try to drive the driver back up by inserting this into the end where the nails are shot from and then clearing the jam.

•A broken driver. Look to see if the piston top of the driver is aligned in the cylinder or is it cocked to one side

. Solution: Remove and replace broken driver assby.

•Your trigger valve is defective. Solution: Remove and replace trigger valve (if sold separately)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The driver works fine. Trigger works fine. It just will not shoot staples or brads. Any other suggestions.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just spent $28 now you want me to spend another $24. The way this is going it will be cheaper to buy a new nailer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cancel the first $28 fee as I am not at all satisfied.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cancel, I do not even want the rest of the 7 day free trial.