Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Shipping a may tag neptune front load washer how do i secure

Customer Question

shipping a may tag neptune front load washer how do i secure the tub for shipping?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: sorry, mah 5500 bww
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you have the original shipping bolts?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i do not, but can they be purchased at an appliance or hardware store?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
holding tight for you response and instruction. Thanks

This machine used shipping straps you would have to remove the back panel and place the pins back in the slots on the rear of the tube with the slide clips to resecure it. Honestly that machine really does not have to me restrapped I have never seen that machine damaged for the tub not secured.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
T hanks.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!