John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an Asko WM90 washing machine about 20 years old. It

Customer Question

I have an Asko WM90 washing machine about 20 years old. It has developed a leak from the back of the drum. At the beginning of the spin cycle it spits out about 60 ml of water. It doesn't leak at any other time. Is there a seal at the drum bearing that perhaps is leaking?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: As I said, it is an Asko WM90 front loading washing machine about 20 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I live on an small island and getting a service man is very expensive.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

See the attached page, numbers 41, 48, 49 and 50. That all will need to be replaced. However, none of those parts are available and it requires special tools to pull the tub bearing and disassemble that machine. It is probably time to replace the machine.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks for the attached parts illustration, which helped. For your information, I was able to order the parts from an ASKO distributor and will therefore attempt repair of this machine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 29 days ago.

Nice! I was unable to locate the parts here. Did you find then in Canada?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Pacific Distributing in Coquitlam, BC ordered them for me.
Expert:  Kelly replied 29 days ago.

That is great! I will have to keep that in mind when I am unable to find them down here. Thank you for passing that information along!