Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ihaave a model ED5VHE*V*O* refridgerator. The flap bbfor the

Customer Question

Hi.Ihaave a model ED5VHE*V*O* refridgerator. The flap bbfor the cube dispenser on the door broke. The plastic hinge that the pin with thee spring goes through broke off. I have another whirlpool that my dispenser isn't hooked up. How do I get the whole unit out of the door to switch or are there other options? Thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My guess is 6 or 7 years. It says on my energy guide model ED5VHE*V*O*
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Trying to but it looks like plastic is glued in
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really .I think my 2 units are interchangeable because each panel will run the other
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You need to pop the trim plate off from the bottom edge. There are two slots on the very bottom edge of the trim panel. Use a flat screwdriver or a putty knife to pop that over the edge to get it off. Once it is off the rest is very straight forward. Here is a link to the part and it comes with detailed instructions.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My flap is ok it is the hinge piece that is molded to the door insert that broke. I have no small holed hinge too put the metal pin through
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Yes that kit I linked you corrects all of it. The small plastic piece breaks off the frame so there is no where to put the pin. The new kit solves the whole issue with a completely new bracket that gets double edge taped in place for the ice door pin hinge.