Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Maytag mah4000aww w/ upgraded control board and upgraded

Customer Question

maytag mah4000aww w/ upgraded control board and upgraded motor/control worked great for several years - now line relay on control board releases after approx. 12 seconds after start button is pushed (does not matter what cycle it is on - even delay start)
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MAH4000AWW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, I have done all the other repairs (control board upgrade, motor/board upgrade, bearings & seals, etc.)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: need suggestions on what to look for - is control board bad or looking for some type of signal (even on delay start)?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

This problem is caused my a bad motor control board, I have seen this problem before working for Maytag for many years. Replacing it will give you several more years of satisfaction with the machine..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 4 months ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, is there anything else I can help you with on this problem?